What is Structural Engineering all about?
Engineering is a super broad world by itself, full of categories, fields, and structures. However, Structural engineering, the hero of our blog, is one of the first disciplines of engineering, belonging to civil engineering.
Structural engineering is associated with the framework of designing sustainable structures, in order to combat stresses and forces of their surroundings while maintaining stability, safety, and security. In other words, structural engineers are the ones who focus on ensuring that bridges and buildings do not collapse.
Forming an integral part of the construction team, structural engineers frequently collaborate with architects. To make things clearer for you, according to the Institution of Structural Engineers: “if a structure was a human body, then the architect would be concerned with the body shape and appearance, and the structural engineer would be concerned with the skeleton and sinews.”
Structural engineering is distinguished by its wide array of specializations, let’s cite some:
- Building structures: entailing an estimation of loads and guaranteeing that structures (buildings) can hold their own weight as well as the weight of other loads.
- Earthquake engineering structures: entails designing, developing, and maintaining structures so that they perform as expected and in accordance with building codes while exposed to earthquakes.
- Civil engineering structures: it includes all structural engineering related to the built environment, such as railways, bridges, pipelines, tunnels, waterways, water and wastewater infrastructure, earthworks, foundations, dams, among others.
- Mechanical structures: focusing on a variety of mechanical or more specifically moveable structures, where fatigue, fluctuation in the manner of load resistance, and major deflections of structures must all be factored.
- Aerospace structures: entails designing, developing, and maintaining Air Traffic Control Towers, radar and communications towers, office buildings, airfield roads, airfield landing and navigational systems, and underground utilities.
Climb the successful civil engineering stairs with ADAPT-Builder through EngiPro!
Civil engineering students should always stay well-grounded, for them to keep on tackling successfully every common task or project that falls under their hands, in a smarter yet quicker way, and build their successful journey in the right way.
Through EngiPro’s Civil Engineering Practical Learning Platform, you will be granted the most complete learning experience of all time. You will be benefiting from enrolling in advanced practical courses, practicing the functionalities of the labor market through EngiPro’s assignments and projects’ assistance, going on one-on-one tutoring sessions, and booking consultations with pre-eminent civil engineers.
As part of structural engineering topics, ADAPT-Builder online course equips you with the necessary requirements, for you to control all areas of design, including cracking, long-term deflections, and punching shear. ADAPT-Builder is also ready to offer you accurate and full results for various types of Pre-Stressed concrete slabs.
In addition, unlike any other software, by becoming a student on EngiPro, and enrolling in the moderately-difficult ADAPT-Builder online course, you will be unlocking unmatched outcomes that will benefit you in the short term with your learning journey, and in the long term by equipping you with the needed expertise and key skills, for you to be a triumphant structural engineer as you will:
- Get your hand on and discuss Pre-Stressed structures;
- Analyze Finite Elements;
- Comprehend the theory behind each structural system and its components;
- Be capable of converting Architectural plans into Structural plans;
- Be able to convert Structural plans into Analytical plans;
- Acquire the needed Structural Modeling techniques, for you to prepare a 3D Finite Element Model;
- Check Equilibrium and Compatibility;
- Check Stresses;
- Check Pre-Compression levels;
- Possess the needed skills for you to design different structural elements such as Slabs, Beams and PT floor shape drawing.
For you to strengthen your structural engineering expertise and turn your professional journey into a striking success, get started today, by registering on EngiPro, and enrolling in the ADAPT-Builder course, and let us assist you perfectly to build something great
For you to strengthen your structural engineering expertise and turn your professional journey into a striking success, get started today, by registering on EngiPro, and enrolling in the ADAPT-Builder course, and let us build something great together!